Problem in upgrading to Fedora 11

Jayakrishnan M jay.krishnanm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:51:07 UTC 2009

Hello,

Thanks Stan and Suvayu.

Stan,
> Why not try from a different source?  Here is one in India.

I downloaded package from various sources, but gave the same error.
> mirror.  By the way, I would use rpm -ivh instead of rpm -Uvh.  Might
> not make a difference, but might.  The update might default to sha1,
rpm -ivh throws conflict message with existing files
> If you can't get it to verify correctly, you could use --force.  Check
I was not able to install even after giving force option. It still
gave the same error.

I was able to fix the issue today. The rpm package on Fedora 10 was
not updated. I did a yum update rpm and was able to install the fedora
11 release package afterwards.

Thanks,
Jayakrishnan