nm/nm-applet - how to stop automatic connections

Mail Llists lists at sapience.com
Wed Aug 12 05:34:44 UTC 2009

  If I have connected once to a wifi network - and that was an auto
found connection - I can edit it and choose to not connect automatically.

  For a an auto found connection which I cannot and/or dont want to ever
connect to automatically - i cannot unelect 'connect automatically' and
save. The save/apply button is grayed out - and presumably will remain
so until I have connected.

  But I cannot and dont want to connect - and I dont want to keep
getting prompted for passhprase - its a rogue connection.

   How do I stop nn/nm-applet from doing this ?

   In fact I would like the default behaviour (for security if nothing
else) to NEVER connect automatically to anything unless I tell it to -
how can I do that ?

 thanks.

gene/