Font in emacs way too big after system crash

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:53:40 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm running Fedora 11 on a MacBook Pro. After a system crash (System failed
to reboot) emacs opens with good looking menus and titlebar but with a huge
window and huge window font size. If I in emacs reduce the font size from
12pt to 7pt it looks roughly like it used to (but uglier). I'm suspecting
that something has happened to my Xfonts, running xfontsel yields:

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

but I really don't know what to do here. Any suggestions are welcome.

best,

Henrik