HACKED!

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Thu Aug 13 16:16:17 UTC 2009

> 2009/8/13  <gilpel at altern.org>:

> <snipped 5 paragraphs of irrelevant crap>

The irrelevant crap said my memory was hacked, a rather rare occurrence
with SELinux and modern hardware. So I had to make sure nobody would
pretend my nose just dove on the delete key.

But, I'm sure you will say it just the same now.

>> Does anybody know the PATH to their default application for ASX files? I
>> really want to give that Bell/Microsoft service another try ASAP.
>
> *My* system plays ASX files in Totem:
> [sam at samlap ~]$ grep video/x-ms-asf /usr/share/applications/defaults.list
> video/x-ms-asf=totem.desktop;
>
> Totem is installed as /usr/bin/totem
>
> Of course, I recognise that you don't like Totem and will probably
> follow this up with a lengthy rant about how the Totem/Gstreamer guys
> don't care about you and playing your favourite Website - apparently
> Mplayer does play that website, but you don't know what the path to
> the Gnome Mplayer binary is and are incapable of searching for it
> yourself.

Well, it seems there are a few things you don't know yourself. I have
/usr/share/applications/defaults.list set to Totem all the way, and Totem
appears nowhere in Firefox Preferences Applications. Other defaults.list
files don't correspond to Firefox settings either.

Have a nice day!