How Extract The Fedorecore iso cd

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Aug 19 00:22:29 UTC 2009

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> Todd Zullinger wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Michael Wright wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Told i'm downloading the Cd iso from fedoracore website atm i
>>> want to put it to a clean dvd Hi Told sorry about that what i am
>>> doing is downloading the iso cd from Fedoracore website how do i put
>>> it to a dvd hope that helps
>>>

>> There is some documentation on burning the .iso images at:
>>
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/en-US.html
>>
>> Note that the section on validating the downloaded image is a little
>> outdated as of Fedora 11, because we switched to sha256 for generating
>> the .iso checksums.  The documentation is being fixed, but what was
>> produced for Fedora 11 is unfortunately not entirely correct on that
>> on point.
>>

> I am going to suppose that you already have a version of fedora linux
> installed, or you have the demo cd.
>
> Check under applications for sound, if you have a program called k3b. If
> not, as root, run
> yum install k3b*

The Gnome "CDCreator" tool works fine as well.  Put a blank DVD in the
drive.  Drag the .iso file over the DVD icon (or into the open window
for the blank DVD) and click "Write to CD".  How simple.

> K3b has a tools area where one option is to create a cd from an iso
> file, another option is to create a dvd from an iso file.
>
> The fedora iso file must be available on your computer, and readable.
> K3b will create the CD or DVD you want using it.
>
> If however, you are not a linux user yet, you must find some cd or DVD
> burning software (NERO is a commmercial product for that), that will
> read the iso file on your system, and burn a cd or dvd for you.
> It really is not more difficult then that.
>
> Leslie

-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -