Fedora And Virtualization

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Aug 19 14:28:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:55:29 -0500
Chris Adams wrote:

> I think all the paravirt kernel patches are upstream now.  Fedora has
> been shipping paravirt-capable kernels for a while now, and I don't
> think there are extra patches to support that.

Yep. The latest kernels all have the "paravirt ops" support (if I'm
remembering my jargon correctly). The original Xen patches were
based on 2.6.18 and worked pretty well in 2.6.18 itself. The
kernels between 2.6.18 and today are where the situation is iffy
with various levels of stability in the xen patches wedged into
kernels after 2.6.18.