Live TV Playback is too slow on Fedora 11 + mythtv-0.21-211

Jan Andrejkovic jandrejkovic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:42:57 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

I installed mythtv-0.21 from atrpms and I have DVB-T card WinTV Nova-T USB2
and motherboard Jetway J7F2WE2G (CPU is VIA C7 2Ghz).

My problem is when I try to watch live tv, the picture is not smooth, it is
looks like slow motion. However when I tried to watch it in Kaffeine it was
OK. Also when watchiing Mythtv, CPU is loaded at about 50% so I believe it
has some spare power.

Did anybody experience similar problem with mythtv?

Also my chipset is supposed to support mpeg-2 decompression - does anybody
know how can I check hardware decompression is used when playing TV? (I know
my WinTV card does not support hardware compression so this has to be done
by CPU).

My Device section in xorg.conf looks like:

Section "Device"
        Option      "AccelMethod"   "EXA"
        Option      "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
        Option      "ExaScratchSize"        "8192"
        Option      "MaxDRIMem"             "16384"
        Option      "MigrationHeuristic"    "greedy"
        Option      "ExaNoComposite" "True"

        Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
        #Option     "VBEModes" "true"                     #This is causing
X11 to crash so I cannot enable it

        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "openchrome"
        VendorName  "Unknown Vendor"