Convert Palm Tungsten E2 Calendar Data For Import To iPhone

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 23 00:49:45 UTC 2009

A friend of mine has a Palm Tungsten E2 with months of calendar data on
it. This needs to go onto a brand new iPhone 3G. Is there a way of
syncing the calendar data on a Fedora system and then converting it to a
format the iPhone can understand? Or at least, convert to a format that
iTunes can then sync to the iPhone?

Constraints: due to privacy concerns I cannot use a web-based solution
involving, for example, Google Calendar.

I've Googled and discovered that one can export calendar stuff to a
*.dba file, then process it through a non-free 'dba2csv' program, but
apparently it only works on the Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 date book
architecture file format, and the friend's Palm Desktop is version 6.2.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob