F10: K3b cannot create audio CD from flac or mp3 files [SOLVED]

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sun Aug 23 16:37:36 UTC 2009

Hello Michael,

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:47:54 +0200 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:23:41 +0200, wwp wrote:
>
> > > Let RPM verify the installed packages (use "root" for that):
> > >
> > >   rpm -V k3b k3b-libs k3b-extras-freeworld
> >
> > This commands outputs nothing and returns 0.
>
> Good. That means those packages passed the verification.
>
> The long(er) verification of all installed packages would be this:
> rpm -Va 2>&1 | tee rpm-Va.txt

rpm-Va.txt attached! :-)

> I've tried to reproduce your problem with up-to-date F10, but k3b
> imports flac and mp3 files just fine. File permission problems
> would lead to a different error message.
>
> What else could one check? For a .flac file that fails to import,
> does "flac -t filename" tell anything? (A similar check for mp3
> files could be done with "madplay", libmad's player).

I wouldn't have bet a penny on this, since I am trying to burn an audio
CD from .flac and .mp3 files that I've already burnt few weeks ago.
Anyway I checked the .flac and .mp3 files to be sure, they report being
OK.

For the record, I tried de-installing k3b and reinstalling .rpm files
using yum (from updates and rpmfusion repos).. this did fix the
problem, I can now make audio CDs from .flac and .mp3 files again!

Funny, isn't it?

Thanks for your wise suggestions and help!, Michael.

Regards,

--
wwp