Re: Where is pulseaudio started?

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:25:09 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod cfl rr com> wrote:

I am not a pulse expert, but will take a stab at this as I have been
wrestling with it for a while.

> I can't find any reference to pulseaudio in any init file

Not init. You can configure it to start a systemwide server, which I
suspect is started by X.

> So where does it get started?

If you are using the default Fedora setup, you have your own version of
pulse started when you log in.  I notice that it also can be started by
programs that need its services, and that seems to be gconf-helper.

No representation as to validity of the above, might contain wild
supposition and unsubstantiated misinformation. If you want pulse
information, go to the horses mouth
http://www.pulseaudio.org/