CUPS: "publishing" a printer?

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Aug 26 03:05:41 UTC 2009

Using "System|Administration|Printing" i can see my printers, so I
select my default printer and look at the "Policies" section.

I shows "Shared" but with an annotation that it is not "published" and
to see "Server Settings" for information.

Where is this particular "Server Settings" it refers to?
"System|Administration|Server Settings" has nothing appropriate, and
there is no "Server Settings" in the Printing complex.

I installed samba-swat and browsed through the advanced view on printing
and could find nothing appropriate.

So, how does one "publish" a printer under F11?

Thanks for your attention.
--
G.Wolfe Woodbury