MythTV vs php

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 03:16:12 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>On 08/26/2009 06:34 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> We have had a showstopper as far as yumex is concerned, for 3 or more
>> days, while trying to update our MythTV installs on 32 bit F10 installs.
>>
>> The MythTV package series now offered needs a dependency called
>> php-process. Obviously there is no such package available, or wasn't a
>> couple of hours ago.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea how this can be alleviated?
>>
>> Thanks all.
>
>Where are you getting MythTV from?  ATRPMs or RPMFusion (or from source
>code)?  I can find the RPM in the F11 Fedora repo, but it is not
>installed on my FE only laptop (installed from ATRPMs).  And, like you,
>it isn't found on my F10 systems, and it isn't needed for me on my BE.
>All of my systems are up-to-date....

MythTV comes from rpmfusion, and I have a previous version installed but have
not managed to get it properly configured.  And I'm all up to date except for
that.  Kaffiene tries to work, but development seems to have stopped before
it was anywhere near prime time material.  And the fedora version is at least
2 years out of date, I had to build that from the tarballs.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Do people know you have freckles everywhere?