F11 OS Instability? Twice now, the system locks out!

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Aug 29 17:39:18 UTC 2009

The last time I had a system lock-out was several
weeks ago, and just today, I experienced another.

I tried to access the system locally via the keyboard,
no response.  Mouse, same. Remotely, not responding,
all remote connections, ports, etc.  Not there.

Darn! hard reboot.

So, I looked at the system messages logs:

Aug 29 01:08:11 gold pulseaudio[7453]: alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup
watermark to 125.99 ms
Aug 29 10:14:32 gold kernel: imklog 3.22.1, log source = /proc/kmsg started.

Yep, there is a 9 hour gap of no activity.  It looks
like the system went to sleep just like I did when
it was time for bed.  I got up this morning, but my
system never woke up.  Lazy basta...  oh, sorry.
It died.

Well, what else can I do, there seems to be no way
to figure out what is going on, if there is no record
of it!

Dan
.