In the news: Soon to be published, Skype back-door trojan code?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:37:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> [perhaps off topic, but interesting security implications?]
>
> I wonder if backdoors are installed to comply with
> government & law enforcement requirements.  In the US,
> Sen. Jay Rockefeller proposes to allow the POTUS to shutdown
> public & private Internet for any reason they want?
>
> Well back to Skype in the news:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/28/skype_trojan_source_code/
>
> Fact or hype?
>
> FWIW,
> Dan

Welcome to the Real World.... all your calls are belong to THE MAN (NSA)...

"SAFARI C(Cubed) is the only totally integrated carrier class VoIP switch
that incorporates -- at no additional cost -- all of the components that
make up the distributed voice switching infrastructure, eliminating the need
for operators to purchase, maintain, upgrade and regression test separate
Call Management Servers, Media Gateways, *Call Detail Records (Record
Keeping) Servers*, Announcement Servers, Signaling Gateways, Ethernet
Switches and *Legal Intercept (CALEA) servers*."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Assistance_for_Law_Enforcement_Act

FC