Evolution hyperlinks fail in KDE

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Dec 3 23:02:33 UTC 2009

Hello, all. Over the last couple of years, our admiration for RedHat has
grown as we've seen them really walk the walk of Open Source. We are
thus experimenting with replacing our Ubuntu desktops with Fedora
although the end of life schedule still concerns us a bit.

In our first go, we are experiencing problems with Evolution. We are
running fully patched Fedora 12 on amd64 with KDE. We are using
Evolution as the mail client. When we click on hyperlinks in Evolution,
we get an error message: Could not open the link. Operation not
supported.

In the past, we have had to go to the Gnome Control Center and set the
default browser, typically to firefox. However, when we check the Gnome
Control Center, the default browser is set to firefox.

stdout/stderr shows:
[jsullivan at jaspav ~]$ evolution
** (evolution:7015): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution
--component=mail %s
** (evolution:7015): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution
e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring
reports: No matching results)
e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-Mail'
e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring
reports: No matching results)
e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-Mail'
e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring
reports: No matching results)
e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-Mail'

Where do we look to troubleshoot this further? Thanks - John