F12 Wireless Network intermittently Dropped: AR9285 card / ath9k module

Reuben Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Fri Dec 4 03:44:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 21:30:04 Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I only have subjective results thus far but the bleeding wireless
> > drivers did SEEM to make an improvement. Before I could not get a
> > complete backup of /home from my BackupPC server over wireless. After
> > installing the latest drivers I still got one disassociation while
> > scp'ing a 25MB file but the backup finally was successful.
>
> FWIW, the problem has never been that severe for me.  Every time the
> connection has died (disassociated) for me, its either been when the
> system has been sitting idle (such as overnight),

hmm... for me it's the other way around. The problem is so severe at my work
place wireless is practically non usable. I couldn't even complete a command
in a command line over SSH on a remote server before connection dropped, SSH
console freeze, get connection back, keep going type, and drop again. This
happens basically all day today. At one point I even try sitting right under
an access point. No noticeable change.

Curiously, as I noted in another email, it seems to works fine with my wireless
connection at home. I don't know how to account for these differences.

RDB