Re: locale setup, LANG variable - strange

Michal wrote:
> Hallo Fedora Users!
>
> Assume that I want to set up my fedora to polish locale.
> Then in contol panel->Regional & language I set polish in:
> 1) in country & region language
> 2) keyboard languae
>
> after relogging in this is enough but only for KDE applications.
> non-kde applications still use sestem wide language (the one that is set
> by applications->administration->language).
>
> How to set them also to use polish.
> I do not consider changing system wide language to polish.
>
> I also noticed, that changing language only in "contol panel->Regional &
> language" does not change LANG shell variable to polish. Maybe this will
> lead to an answer?
>
> Problem of course is related to any non-kde application, not only firefox.
>
> have You got any ideas?

On the login screen, after selecting the user, there is a language
selector on the lower left.  Have you set that to be Polish for your
account?

--
Beware of the Turing Tar-pit in which everything is possible but nothing
of interest is easy. Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7