Re: su hangs for 30 seconds

On 12/05/2009 01:32 PM, Hiisi wrote:
2009/12/5 Wolfgang S. Rupprecht<wolfgang rupprecht gmail com>:

As of a day or so ago "su" has started hanging for 30 seconds.  So has
the lock screen.  Jiggling the mouse unblanks the monitor and shows me
the backdrop picture but the password entry box doesn't appear for 30
seconds.  I don't believe I mucked with anything PAM related, but there
were a few yum updates in the last few days.  Is anyone else seeing
this?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3

I have the same problem for a couple of month (don't remember exactly
how long it is) on my F11 (32 bit). I've asked it already on this list
but had no response.

I had similar problems in the past (with sudo / not su), and the reason was an error in the network controls (I tried to change the hostname by editing /etc/sysconfig/network, but forgot all other places to edit).

Regards
--
Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes