Re: No system-config-display ?

On 05/12/09 05:30, Ed Greshko wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
    I should have said this is F-11/XFCE. I don't have the F-12 box
    running at the moment ...

        [bobg box9 ~]$ env | grep DESK
        IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP=yes

    Bob

OK....

 From my fully updated F11 system and running XFCE

[egreshko f11 ~]$ env | grep DESK
IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP=yes
DESKTOP_SESSION=xfce4

And it works.....

    Ed

    I must admit I don't know how to change "env" and man env is not
    helping.

    I did :
        env DESKTOP_SESSION=xfce4

    but that did not make it work. It asks for pasword and then comes up with the error message. I even tried re-booting the computer from "poweroff."
    I started the F-12 computer and did yum install
    system-config-display and it does work as expected.

    Well I'm nearly at the point of updating this computer to F-12 too
    so it's moot I guess. Just waiting to see if there is an F-12
    Omega livecd.

    I would like to know how to change/add to the environment though?
    Guess google will tell me that if no one else does ...

    Thanks for the help.

    Bob