Re: No system-config-display ?

On 05/12/09 08:56, Ed Greshko wrote:FWIW, I am pretty sure I was barking up the wrong tree.....
It seems that DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID is actually related to Xorg than
anything else....and it is too late and I've got to get up too early to
really delve into it.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

It would seem that you've always started system-config-display as a
normal user.  I'd be curious if you'd first "su -" if the same error
would occur.

Also, FWIW, there were several bugzilla's for various system-config-*
utils with the same error message.

   I crawled out from under my 'lectric blanket at 03:00 to investigate
   this ...

   I "su'd" to root and the results were the same. It's a recognized
   problem and probably not worth further investigation at this time.

   Thank you.

   Bob