GNOME notification; black background?

Hi.  I'm currently using F12 and GNOME.  When I upgraded to F12, I
noticed that the notification popups changed from being a popup with a
yellowish background in the lower-right corner to a popup with a black
background in the upper-right corner.  I can deal with the location
change, but the black background makes it hard to read (to me).  Is
there any way to customize that?

Thanks,
Reid