Using USB devices in VMs under KVM fc11 or fc12

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:39:51 UTC 2009

On Sunday 06 December 2009 16:28:10 Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 16:11 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > VirtualBox works for me (to the extent of synching my old Palm Tx) but
> > you have to use the non-free version as the free one doesn't have USB
> > support.
>
> How much does it cost to get a home user license for the non-free
> version?

It's non-free as in closed-source and proprietary EULA-s and stuff. It doesn't
cost anything, AFAIK.

The VirtualBox-OSE (the open-source edition) is in rpmfusion and doesn't have
USB support. The VirtualBox (the Sun closed-source edition) is in Sun's yum
repository and does support USB.

You can read all about it on http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions page.

Best, :-)
Marko