Slow gnome startup with compiz enabled

Hi all,

I've noticed that when starting gnome up for the first time after boot it takes at least 10 seconds before I can navigate the desktop. I have enabled compiz using the "System=>Preferences=>Desktop Effects" menu. I have tried re-enabling metacity and that seems to solve the problem. Has anybody else noticed this and possibly found a way to speed up the load times with compiz enabled?

Thanks,

Dan