Advantages of 64-bit on my laptop?

I just noticed that the CPU in my Lenovo laptop is 64-bit capable.  It
came with a 32-bit OS installed, so I never bothered to check.  Is
there any real advantage to running the 64-bit version of Fedora on a
laptop that is limited to 2GB RAM?  Just wondering.  The F-12 x86_64
Live CD does boot and run just fine.  I've been running the i686
versions of F-11 and (now) F-12.

                Do NOT delete it.