Tiff files frmo xsane arent usable in windows

I scanned a sh!tload of docs and saved as tiff files, then scp'ed these across the wire
to another linux box that has a windows user who needs these images. Problem is, that
windows user, nor me on a windows box here can open these files?

Anyone know why, and if there is a batch image conversion I can do that wont affect the
quality on the remote lniux box so I don't have to re-upload all these files?

Thanks!
jlc