RE: Tiff files frmo xsane arent usable in windows

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 06:25 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> it seems whatever came out of xsane isn't compatible with the fax
> viewer in XP.

Three guesses:  It's a compressed TIFF, and the other computer doesn't
support that compression scheme.  You saved a grayscale or full-colour
TIFF, and the other computer's viewer was expecting two bit black or
white only.  Some strange error during the transfer.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.