Re: Google Chrome repo now available

On 12/09/2009 11:25 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 08:36 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
The repo is installed when installing the new, officially supported
Chrome beta from http://www.google.com/chrome/index.htm

Anyone know how this relates to the existing Chromium version, which
also has its own repo? The version numbers of the current Chromium is
slightly higher than Chrome's, but the Google page doesn't mention
Chromium and the Chromium page doesn't mention this latest release.
Looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Chromium is the upstream project. Chrome is the Google product. The
relationship between these two have been defined elsewhere.

I don't know why, but on my Fedora 10 machine Chrome (from Google) seems to be *way* more stable and usable than Chromium. I'm really liking Chrome -- it's *fast*.

Cheers,
Raman