Re: preupgrade with local repo

idwsh6b02 sneakemail com wrote:
I tried to use preupgrade with a modified releases.txt that points to a local repository. But preupgrade is still going to the mirrors over the internet. Does anyone have an example releases.txt that demonstrates how to do preupgrade from a completely local yum repository.

Here was my releases.txt that I tried:

[Fedora 11 (Leonidas)]
stable=True
preupgrade-ok=True
version=11
baseurl=file:///repo/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-11&arch=$basearch
mirrorlist=
#installmirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/$basearch/os
installmirrorlist=
installurl=file:///repo/fedora/releases/11/Fedora/$basearch/os/

I also tried --disablerepos='*' --enablerepos='mylocal*'
(where mylocal* repos are repos that I have added in /etc/yum.repos.d that point to my local copy of the repository).  That didn't help either.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but customizing preupgrade like this is not very well documented that I could see.  Any pointers are welcome.

There are things in yum like localinstall and localupdate, but I think the solution lies in using the "cost" parameter for your local repo, set it to about 500 and it should be used before any other.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>