Re: Sudo and gtksu

2009/12/8 davide <lists4davide gmail com>:
> Il Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:05:18 -0800, suvayu ali ha scritto:
>
>> why dont you use polkit? it gives you more control than gksudo, and much
>> more secure.
>
> I'll do. I just know now about it being the Right Thing. ;-)
>
> Any pointer?

For the command line you can setup sudo as you wish. (PASSWORD or NOPASSWORD)

For gui stuff, just look at all the keys in the dialog for polkit (or
gnome-polkit, I don't recall exactly. Not on a Fedora machine right
now). Some of the keys are named rather non-intuitively, so you may
have to fool around a bit. I also seem to recall some discussions on
this on fedora-list within the last 6 months. I don't recall the name
of the thread though. So searching the archives will also help.

GL
--
Suvayu