Re: Sudo and gtksu

2009/12/10 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux gmail com>:
> 2009/12/8 davide <lists4davide gmail com>:
>> Il Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:05:18 -0800, suvayu ali ha scritto:
>>
>>> why dont you use polkit? it gives you more control than gksudo, and much
>>> more secure.
>>
>> I'll do. I just know now about it being the Right Thing. ;-)
>>
>> Any pointer?
>>

> For the command line you can setup sudo as you wish. (PASSWORD or NOPASSWORD)
>
> For gui stuff, just look at all the keys in the dialog for polkit (or
> gnome-polkit, I don't recall exactly. Not on a Fedora machine right
> now). Some of the keys are named rather non-intuitively, so you may
> have to fool around a bit. I also seem to recall some discussions on
> this on fedora-list within the last 6 months. I don't recall the name
> of the thread though. So searching the archives will also help.

If you're on F12, then add yourself to the desktop_admin_r group that
will be in /etc/group.

That allows you to authenticate with your own password to most of the
PolKit dialogs, which is pretty much what you are looking for. I
believe a simplified GUI for setting this up is in the works, because
while the granularity of the old PolKit interface was lovely, it was a
bit over the top for most users.

--
Sam