Re: Question about Backing up with tar

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 10Dec2009 00:16, kevin <kevin kevinslair com> wrote:
| I would like to know if this will work with fc9:
| | # sudo su
| # cd /
| # tar cvpzf backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found
| --exclude=/backup.tgz --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys /

See rsync's manual page. Read it a few times.

I will give that a read.
Thank you!
Kevin

Mail Service Provided by:
Kevins Lair, Ent
mailto:kevin kevinslair com

Think before you print.

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.

All outgoing e-mail is scanned for virus and potentially hazardous material