Universal drive adapter -

   I bought a new gadget, a "USB2 Universal Drive Adapter" which does
   essentially what an external drive box does but it is not limited to
   SATA drives,

   On the F-12 computer it shows up in lsusb and I can see a drive at
   /dev/sdc with fdisk [sdc1] and it shows up as Linux and LVM.

   Is there a way to make it list the contents of the drive?

   I tried mounting it with "mount /dev/sdc1 -t ext3 /mnt/hdtest" which
   I created for the purpose but that doesn't satisfy it. It produces a
   stock error message "wrong fs type, bad option, etc."

   I've only tried that one old IDE drive so far. Any suggestions
   appreciated.

   Bob