Re: Preventing mounting of media for a user

Rick Stevens wrote:
On 12/09/2009 11:39 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
FC11 or 12, GNOME. All the options set to not load, mount, browse, etc
in "Preferences." Still loads the DVD and mounts it. I thought there was
a way to prevent this from the GUI.

I can kill this with udev, but that applies to all users. Kind of
negates the idea of per-user setup.

System-->Preferences-->File Management-->Media tab and set them all to
"Ask what to do" or "Do nothing".

Actually on fc11 it's System-->Preferences-->Personal-->FileManagement but yes, we're talking about the same tab (as described in the original post). And setting to 'do nothing' doesn't work, nor does the checkbox for 'never browse' which greys out the whole area of options prevent mounting of the media.

I put a DVD in the drive to append to it, and it mounts. Still. In spite of the options being set.

So the question remains, now that you verified I was describing the same tab, got another suggestion? udev changes just prevent mounting, I want to set that per user.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>