Re: Flowchart-ish tool

On 12/10/2009 10:14 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I am trying to create a visual aid for some complex relationships (not
software, sorry). It would seem that some flowchart, or similar
software, might assist. I need to show the relationships between items
and groups of items, and I really don't want to do it by hand.

Ideally I would identify a group of items as a group, so they could be
place near one another or marked with the same color, or similar. Then I
want to describe the relationship between them, (ex: 'depends on', or
'funds') and the relationship might look different from each end. Simple
example A and B, from A B has relation 'child' while from B A has
relation 'parent'. That term 'properties' seems to be used in some
things I found, but I haven't gotten a solution.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Or even suggest a good manual tool,
neither xfig nor gimp is ideal.

You might be able to do this in a mind-map tool like XMind. http://xmind.net

--

  Steve