Re: Using USB devices in VMs under KVM fc11 or fc12

Greg Woods wrote:
On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 17:55 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
On Sunday 06 December 2009 16:11:11 Greg Woods wrote:
I'm guessing I could set up a VM that has a real IP address rather than
using NAT
In VirtualBox you set this up as follows:

* open VirtualBox
* open the settings window for your VM
* go to "network", open the appropriate "adapter" tab (typically the first one)
* set the "attached to" setting to "bridged adapter"
* click "OK"

This worked, and I am finally able to sync my Palm via a virtual
machine. Now I need to figure out how to do this for KVM. This appears
to be more difficult than either VirtualBox or Xen, as the virt-manager
doesn't create the necessary bridged devices automatically for this to
work, so I am going to have to figure out how to do it manually. I have
Googled for this but the instructions I found didn't work. As soon as I
add the "eth0" to one of my bridge devices, regular networking for the
host OS stops working. Obviously I am just missing something. I am going
to have to find a tuturial somewhere on how bridging actually works in
order to figure this out.

This script may contain useful information, I use it on multiple machines.
Run with ". kvm-start.sh" as root.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>