Re: corrupt file system

Well, I can't recall the exact error message. It doesn't happen every time I boot. However, I did indeed get sent to the root shell. I googled the message last nite and found an entry said try fsck. I did, and got the reply, "Running fsck on a mounted disk can severely damage your filesystem, do you want to continue? I said no.

Chris

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 10:36 -0600, Christian Langer wrote:
> If I start fedora 12, and I get a message like "corrupt filesystem,
> going to shell", what might one do to correct it? Thanks,

Where does the message appear and what exactly does it say? If it
happens at boot time, it will usually drop you into a root shell from
which you can run fsck.

poc

--
Chris Langer