Firefox frequently jamming Fedora 12

Hi!

Briefly, when Firefox is not running F12 works like a charm. After starting Firefox every other minute Firefox hangs completely, disk drive led burns constantly and the system feel jammed, I can do barely anything. This usually lasts 10 to 20 seconds and then things are normal again for few minutes. If I have top running simultaneously it shows Firefox consuming anything between 20-98 % of CPU.

I have witnessed this at least with F11 on my system (perhaps also earlier) but since I can't provide any more accurate report I was hoping this getting fixed by itself somehow :-)

The questions are: is anyone else seeing even remotely similar? Is there any known reasons or fixes for this? Should I file a BZ about this? If so, what information should I provide?

Thanks in advance!