Re: Universal drive adapter -

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
On 12/10/2009 03:28 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
On 10/12/09 10:19, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

    blkid /dev/sdc1
    Ok, thank you, that gives me a bit more information:

    [root box6 bob]# file -s /dev/sdc1
    /dev/sdc1: LVM2 (Linux Logical Volume Manager) , UUID:
    X5Vx9im0hf7hS6Y4WNhdW2ju8heRtUh

    [root box6 bob]# blkid /dev/sdc1
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="X5Vx9i-m0hf-7hS6-Y4WN-hdW2-ju8h-eRtUhR"
    TYPE="LVM2_member"

    Is there a way to list directories and files?

The drive was configured for use with the logical volume manager
(LVM2). You need to use the LVM2 tools to find out what volume group
is on the disk and what logical volumes it contains. Then you can
activate and mount the devices like any other block device.

Have a look at the LVM2 documentation/man pages or how-tos for more
information.

[___ useful examples and such snipped ___]

Thanks, this is a good cheat sheet to give to new (or reluctant) LVM users.
Don't know if it helped the OP but I found it useful.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>