The Phantom Update

A tiny orange octogon keeps popping up on my toolbar. Mousing over it brings up a tooltip bubble: "There is 1 update available".

Clicking on the icon runs gpk-update-viewer, which immediately tells me that no updates are available. Closing packagekit brings the orange octogon back.

This has been going on for about three days now.