Re: The Phantom Update

On 12/11/2009 06:39 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 12/11/2009 07:24 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
A tiny orange octogon keeps popping up on my toolbar. Mousing over it
brings up a tooltip bubble: "There is 1 update available".

Clicking on the icon runs gpk-update-viewer, which immediately tells me
that no updates are available. Closing packagekit brings the orange
octogon back.

This has been going on for about three days now.
File a bug report against gnome-packagekit. Seems to be a recurring bug.

Rahul

May I suggest going into <system><administration><software updates> and seeing how many updates there are. install them all or ones you think are needed and see if the problem goes away. I had that problem because some kanji or kohni font or what ever it was wasn't installed. I will never use the offending font.
I let it install and the problem hasn't recurred.
Roger