Re: The Phantom Update

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

A tiny orange octogon keeps popping up on my toolbar. Mousing over it brings up a tooltip bubble: "There is 1 update available".

Clicking on the icon runs gpk-update-viewer, which immediately tells me that no updates are available. Closing packagekit brings the orange octogon back.

This has been going on for about three days now.

I had the offer of something like 21388 updates yesterday. The offer ent away when I refreshed packagekit ( pkcon refresh ). It might be worth crosschecking to see what yum thinks ie. yum check-update

	Michael Young