Re: Is this possible in Fedora?

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 14:38 +0000, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> in that case it was a third party screensaver, downloaded from the
> web.
>
> NOT one supplied by Ubuntu.

Precisely why I made the comment, the other day, about not getting
packages from personal websites, where nobody will have vetted them,
compared against the official sources, where they're *far* less likely
to be compromised.

Unless you stuff up your YUM configuration, it's preset to check the
signatures of packages.  So only officially signed package will be
installed.  It'll take quite some effort, not impossible, but very
difficult, to get a signed compromising package into the repos.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.