Re: Using USB devices in VMs under KVM fc11 or fc12

Greg Woods wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 13:42 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:

On my system, I turn off NetworkManager and build (by hand) a ifcfg-br0
script to define the bridge, and make ifcfg-eth0 part of the bridge, moving
all IPADDR and such parameters to the bridge.

This was going to be my next step. I actually did get it to work with
manual configuration, but then I realized it won't do me any good anyway
because my desktop workstation is on the other side of the corporate
firewall from the wireless network, so I can't connect my Palm to my
desktop via the network anyway.
Anybody had any success getting USB devices to work on the virtual
machines in KVM (back to the original question)? I can go through the
process of attaching it to the virtual machine (it is seen by the
virt-manager), but this doesn't appear to actually work. Windows doesn't
see it and only the USB subsystem ever shows up in the virtual machine
details page.

Can't help, I run KVM from the command line, with scripts. My KVM usage predates libvirt by a good bit, and I have it all working and don't want to spend time evaluating libvirt vs. the competition.

If you run my script you should be able to start a machine from cli and try the usb stuff. It's on my list for fc12 testing, but I'm very busy now and can't take on anything I can't do while my printer runs.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>