Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Dec 11 17:10:39 UTC 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:

> OTOH, since its a new install, I could just as easily do a reinstall.  What
> sort of a voodoo spell to I have to use to get a /boot partition of say 400
> megabytes?  The default is only 100, and that will never fly here for more
> than a week.

Select the custom layout, choose fixed size for the /boot, make it a primary
partition (may no longer be needed, but I do), and set the filesystem type to
ext3. Then define the "/" root, and since you're a fellow conservative a
separate /home, unless you want to share the one on sda.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>