yum install mencoder makes X11 flaky

Ever since I "yum install mencoder", my X server's been flaky +
frequently crashing.

I remember yum installing/upgrading libraries when I ran the command
above, but don't remember what the libraries were.

How do I find out what yum installed/upgraded, and remove it so my X
server behaves properly again?