Help: No internet connection

Hello all,

After having used Ubuntu since almost more than three years, I decided to give Fedora a try. The installation went perfectly fine. Everything was perfectly recognised. Now I face one big problem: I can't manage to connect to the internet.

Through the network connection, I manage to establish a connection with my wireless ADSL model. It also works through a wired connection. Ping works. But neither Firefox nor any other programme manage to establish a connection.

Any idea what the problem may be? I guess you need additional information. Which one exactly?

To be more precise: It is a completly fresh install of Fedora 12 on a Thinkpad T61. I didn't change anything in the network configuration except that I put the password for my wireless connection.

Simon
(currently using Windows as backup...)