Re: Help: No internet connection

Firefox simply tells me: "Server not found. Firefox can't find the server at start.fedoraproject.org".

I really have no idea what the problem might be.

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Simon Schneebeli writes:

Hello all,

After having used Ubuntu since almost more than three years, I decided to give Fedora a try. The installation went perfectly fine. Everything was perfectly recognised. Now I face one big problem: I can't manage to connect to the internet.

Through the network connection, I manage to establish a connection with my wireless ADSL model. It also works through a wired connection. Ping works. But neither Firefox nor any other programme manage to establish a connection.

Define "ping works".

Define "manage to establish a network connection".

Any idea what the problem may be? I guess you need additional information. Which one exactly?

The starting point would be the exact error message you are getting from Firefox.