F12: Gnome "Menubar" missing on multiple applications,

   I recently upgraded from F11 to F12.  Stepping into F12 i noticed
   that many applications like 'gnome-terminal' no longer show their
   "Menubar" where it is configured in my setup to be displayed.
   Similar it seems missing on many other applications.

--
-- Wim ten Have.