Re: Help: No internet connection

2009/12/12 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan gmail com>:
>> There have been several postings from Fedora people indicating that the
>> project web site is going to be down for 48 hours for a physical move.
>> Firefox out of the box on a fresh Fedora install uses this as the
>> default start page. If you can get to other web sites, it's probably not
>> a problem with your system.
> The scheduled outage is a due to start about 20 minutes from now, so it
> seems unlikely to be the problem.

The message I saw said that the websites were going down for about two
hours starting at:

date -d '2009-12-11 02:00:00 UTC'

By my reckoning, that was about 44 hours, 48 minutes ago... so it
should be long done by now.

The original message on this topic was posted at "11 December 2009
22:08 UTC+1" - so unless Simon waited 17 hours before posting, I'd
still agree with you that this probably isn't the cause of his
particular problem.