I upgraded to F12 and I can only run a console session. Help ! (wifii administration from a console ?)

I've been running F11 pretty much since it came out.  It worked well.

I upgraded to F12 earlier this evening.  For whatever reason it will not start an X session.  I think the problem is that I was using the nvidia driver and kmod can't get an internet connection due to wifi not finding a network connection but when I change my xorg.conf file to use nouveau it doesn't work either.

I think i could rectify the situation if I ran yum update but I don't have a wifi connection from the console session. How does one administer a wifi connection from the command line in F12 ?  I know my SSID, etc,  but how do I set it from the command line ?

Thanks